Sunday, October 7, 2007

Living the Call together UPDATE!

Mo and I just spent the past 24 hours in Middleburg Heights with 19 emerging leaders. Going over What do leaders do?, What is the Price of leadership?, What are Hazards of leadership?, What to DO when You are Married to the leader?,(mo found this to be very helpful) I love my man!!!! And What is the Pay off?


First and most importantly we have to give THANKS to all the elders and Pastors of NAC for BELIEVING in all of US! We were all there to focus on leadership in the church or elsewhere in the missions field. We got to experience the workings of a 2,500 + member congregation. Mouth dropping to breath taking most beautifulest church I have ever saw and more exciting I was going to get to shadow a leader with in. LOTS of fun to be had...


BUT: TO sum this weekend up in a few words: When you give away something that belongs to you, it is received differently than when you pass along what is really someones else's. It's personal - a part of you - and it shows. In other words, when a lesson changes YOU, it is far more likely to change someone else and that is how I seen this weekend.


Question I have been asking myself!

Where am I today in knowing my purposes?

Why do I do what I do?

Who am I?

Where am I going?

Where do I fit in?


My vision of women's ministry has not really change it is now much stronger. My heart is more clear, wanting to see more woman growing in their relationship with Christ, rooted in God's word and being set free. By God's grace we will have ministries that can meet the needs of all women no matter where they are in life or where they are in their walk with the Lord.


Isaiah 61:1-3 need to read way to much to type...

John 8:31-32 Jesus said, "If you hold on to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free."


A new friend from Grace Church, gave me wonderful insight into Women's Ministry special Thanks to her. Something she said:


Keeping it Simple; Love God - Love Others


This is from NAC pastor’s blog that really has made me sit back and think about...

People do not follow worthy causes. People do not follow vision or mission statements. People follow worthy leaders who promote a worthwhile cause. People followed the Forgiver. They embraced His teachings because they followed Him.


Looking behind you. Are people following?

No comments:

Welcome