Friday, February 1, 2008

Faith-Lift Fridays

Are you living every day filled with hope and expectancy?
Are you living life to the fullest?

So many people today have simply lost their enthusiasm for life. At one time, they were excited about their future. They were pursuing their dream, but along the way, they hit some roadblocks. Things didn’t work out, and now they’re just going through the motions of life. They quit dreaming. They quit pursuing their goals. They lost their purpose. Don’t let that be you!

Make the choice to stay alive your whole life by keeping your dreams in front of you. Remember, you have a purpose. You have a destiny. You didn’t just accidentally show up on planet Earth. God knew you before you were formed in your mother’s womb, and He has an assignment for you. You were created to make a difference—to impact our society—to make this world a better place. On the inside of you right now, there are dreams and desires put there by the Creator of the universe.

Don’t let the pressures of life push those dreams down. Stir up those dreams. Stir up those gifts. Shake off every disappointment and press forward. This is a new day. Get a new vision. Make up your mind that no matter what comes your way, you’re going to keep pressing forward. You’re going to keep growing. You’re going to keep learning. You’re going to stay active. If you will stay passionate about life, knowing what your purpose is and being your best every day, God will pour out His blessings and favor on you, and you will live the life of victory He has in store!


“Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap” (Luke 6:38).
Week 1~third place
Week 2~third place
Week 3~ January 27- February 2
Healthy tip:Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day (64oz)
Exercise of the week: Toe taps on the medicine ball.
When I weighed in @ 179.5 ----When Allison weigh in @ 204

Buying and scratching instant lottery tickets is something that almost everyone has done at one time or another. For some folks it's probably something they do too often. I guess for me, the bad buying habit is junk food. If I had spent my extra money on instant lottery tickets over the years, I may have been rich by now instead of overweight. Like anything, whether it's food or gambling one must do it in moderation, and that is often not easy to do.

The other day I got a phone call from my mother so excited I really wasn't able to understand her. Sharing in the excitement my father had just won on a scratch off. The amount was huge!!!!
During this week I have found out a lot about the Ohio Lottery, thought I would SHARE with all of you.

Most folks buy instant (scratch off) tickets, and if they don't win anything, they throw the tickets in the trash. Did you know that every time you throw a losing instant lottery ticket in the trash, you are throwing money away?

Yes, there are literally hundreds if not thousands of folks around the world that would love to buy your tickets from you. I have seen losing lottery tickets sell for as high as $15 each, these were tickets that had no redeemable value. I once went to a local convenience store and asked them if I could have a bag of losing instant lottery tickets I saw they had on the floor behind the counter. The clerk gladly gave them to me, I took the tickets home and after checking through them all, I found two that were $1 winners that were not redeemed, and I sold the remaining losing tickets for $30, and the store was just going to throw them away.

Where did I sell them ? On eBay. I happened to look one day and I noticed there was losing instant lottery tickets for sale on the eBay auction website. There are folks selling non-winning, so called 'worthless' lottery tickets on eBay all the time. Instant Lottery Ticket collecting is fast becoming a big thing. In fact there is even a new term or name for an instant lottery ticket collector: LOTOLOGIST, and the instant lottery ticket collecting hobby is called: LOTOLOGY.

No comments:

Welcome