Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Wordless Wednesday!

Molly HOME 45minutes!!!!
I remember the mixture of emotions that going back to school often brings. The anxious and excited, but disappointed that summer's over all at the same time. Whether the sunny season was jam-packed with activities from start to finish, or filled with complaints that they were bored to tears with nothing to do, THIS mom is having a hard time with the transition from pool to school.

I'm Battling the Butterflies as with any new or potentially unsettling situation - be it sending your youngest off to school for the first time or entering a new grade or a new school - I need time to adjust. Reminding myself that everyone feels a little nervous about the first day of school... and that it will all become an every-day routine in no time.

I'm trying to emphasize the positive things about going back to school, such as not so many kids, hanging out with friends, getting laundry done in one day, dusting all of house, not hearing name being called 100 times, not needing to make 10 different lunches, putting up all the time, cleaning bedrooms, sitting down to eat lunch, and just enjoying MO!!!!

BUT at dinner I found that it was very important to talk to the girls about what worries them and offer reassurance: They were worry about ME! I told them it's understandable for parents themselves to be a little nervous about the first day of school, especially seeing their little one off for the first time. I can LAUGH now but earlier I wasn't. THANK you MY DEAR FRIEND Jenn.

3 comments:

KC said...

SNIFF... I don't want summer to end. Princess is in 6th grade this year, Mr Man in 2nd, they both had no worries at all after the 1st day. Sweet Pea is my shy one out of the 4 and she started K. yesterday.. she had this look of fair on her face and held my hand so tightly as she went in.. After leaving her I went into the van and cried.. I was just so nerves for her.. She did great though.

MOPS said...

WOW! Sounds like she had fun though! I'm glad we got to spend the day together! I cried today too! What are friends for huh!

palmtreefanatic said...

awww...I hate to face all that comes with school too! homework, concerns and worries, I guess we just send them to school and leave the rest in Gods Hands!:)

Welcome